Grow Op Farms, the leading I-502 producer by volume of top-shelf cannabis in the state of Washington is hiring an Office Assistant for their Spokane Valley location.
This is a part time position
This position is responsible for assisting the Office Manager in all administrative duties including, bookkeeping, payroll, and employee file maintenance. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
- Maintains employee files both paper and electronically, including filing, inputting employee data for onboarding and off boarding, information distribution and employee information updates.
- Assists the Office Manager in running payroll, including filing
- Assists the Office Manager in book keeping duties, including processing expense reports and creating cover sheets for expense reports
- Assists with catered lunches for the staff as assigned, including picking up orders and set up.
- Assists with inventory of office supplies, including tracking sheet and organization
- Runs errands and performs tasks as assigned by the owners/office manage.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an office/administrative type of position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Experience with payroll systems, including time keeping systems preferred
- Highly organized, detailed oriented with the ability to multitask
- Frequently sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 25 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time,
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals,
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.