To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Understands the extraction process and manipulates equipment to regulate thermal expansion and condensations as it relates to recovery times.
- Recognizes boiling points for solvents used and the most efficient ways to condense gas vapor.
- Understands how temperature and pressure of solvents effects quality and yield.
- Determines the extraction process as it related to the incoming biomass and the product expectations.
- Monitors extractions to ensure equipment is working properly and conforms to safe operating parameters.
- Collects and evaluates extraction dates and modifies extraction parameters.
- Communicates with the Laboratory Director about biomass quality, preparation, or any deviations from normal operating procedures based upon biomass quality.
- Assists in packing biomass, post processing activities, and the setup, breakdown, and regular operation of the extraction room(s) as needed.
- Monitors inventory of consumables and orders as necessary.
- Performs continuous safety checks on machines and equipment’s which includes tools; notifies the Laboratory Director of maintenance needs.
- Responsible for disassembly and reassembly of extractors and active working on safe, efficient and effective techniques.
- Logs material information and yields in designated tracker.
- Manipulates and refines crude extract per SOP.
- Understands laboratory equipment and processes required to make all product types and able to limit or enhance cannabinoid crystallizations to create different product types.
- Communicates with the testing companies, ensures product type, consistency, uniformity, removing or manipulating outliers.
- Emphasizes safety in all laboratory activities and responsible for employee safety and adherence to safety measures, process, and procedures.
- Supervises, trains, tasks, and motivates crew members and leads team.
- Receives and communicates instructions, job assignments and updates verbally and non-verbally from Laboratory Director, fellow technicians, instructive lists, SOP, email, and other department electronic communication.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
· Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) year associates or trade degree preferred.
- Cannabis extractions concepts and market knowledge is preferred.