|Title:||Plant Technician Lead - Grow|
|Department:||Agriculture (Propagation, Grow, Harvest)|
|Salary Range:||$16.00 per hour|
This position is responsible for overseeing and facilitating the overall care and maintenance of plants. The position requires assisting and managing the Plant Technician team in the execution of assignments and tasks. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Monitors overall health and appearance of plants
- Ensures plants are properly watered
- Responsible for proper pruning, shaping and efficient up-potting of plants
- Creates and implements Standard Operating Procedures specifically designed for the plants
- Works directly with the Grow Manager to determine the pruning and replacement timing
- Assists the Grow Manager with managing the team of plant technicians. Delegating tasks and assignments along with training and fielding questions these crew members may have
- Coaches, trains and assigns work to new and existing crew members
- Ensures works area and all equipment is clean and organized
- Receives communications for upcoming and daily operations; utilizes the online spreadsheets and email communication with other team leads and management
- Partners with management on personnel management including: recommending performance/disciplinary actions, schedule changes, and/or position changes
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six (6) months or more plant/agriculture-related experience preferred.
- Computer experience preferred.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 10 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 25 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.