|Title:||Packaging Technician (Extraction)|
|Salary Range:||$13.75 per hour|
Grow Op Farms, the leading I-502 producer by volume in the state of Washington is looking for Extraction Packaging Technicians. Shift is 6am to 5pm and may include one or both weekend days.
These are Full-Time positions in a high-volume, fast paced, production driven environment. The ideal candidate is organized, good with direction and follow through, will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life
This position is responsible for preparing and packaging extraction products. This position is expected to help facilitate meeting organizational standards and target goals for department. Supports and adheres to Grow Op Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Weighs product.
- Packages product.
- Tracks production.
- Records errors found in the online tracking sheets.
- Maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Ensures work area is stocked.
- Prints labels for out-going concentrate packages as needed
- Writing labels for delivery & checking labels for accuracy
- Performs data entry which includes weights, strains, notes, etc.
- Ensures Inventory is accurate and barcoded correctly
- Maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Maintains inventory count and reorders supplies as necessary.
- Creates and keeps up to date inventory tracking spreadsheets.
- Performs Second Checks which includes Final Inspections of checking labels, counts and product for accuracy and quality.
- Records and verifies final box counts.
- Communicates with leads and management.
- Assists with loading inventory into carts and trucks to prepare for delivery departure.
- Unloads and organizes empty returned boxes.
- Performs quality control checks on all labels printed and applied to jars
- Performs routine maintenance on machines and printers
- Performs pre-inspection process - big boxing
- Assists other departments as assigned.
- Receives and communicates instructions, job assignments and updates verbally and non-verbally from Laboratory Director, fellow technicians, instructive lists, SOP, email, and other department electronic communication.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Cannabis extractions concepts and market knowledge is preferred.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 25 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.