|Salary Range:||$15.00 per hour|
Grow Op Farms, the leading I-502 producer by volume of top-shelf cannabis in the state of Washington is hiring Extraction Technicians for their Spokane Valley Location.
These are Full-Time position in a high-volume, fast paced production driven environment. The ideal candidate is organized, good with direction and follow through, will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life.
This position processes biomass using ethanol or hydrocarbon processes. Supports and adheres to Grow Op Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Understands the extraction process and manipulates equipment to regulate thermal expansion and condensations as it relates to recovery times.
- Recognizes boiling points for solvents used and the most efficient ways to condense gas vapor.
- Understands how temperature and pressure of solvents effects quality and yield.
- Determines the extraction process as it related to the incoming biomass and the product expectations.
- Monitors extractions to ensure equipment is working properly and conforms to safe operating parameters.
- Collects and evaluates extraction dates and modifies extraction parameters.
- Communicates with the Laboratory Director about biomass quality, preparation, or any deviations from normal operating procedures based upon biomass quality.
- Assists in packing biomass, post processing activities, and the setup, breakdown, and regular operation of the extraction room(s) as needed.
- Monitors inventory of consumables and orders as necessary.
- Performs continuous safety checks on machines and equipment’s which includes tools; notifies the Laboratory Director of maintenance needs.
- Responsible for disassembly and reassembly of extractors and active working on safe, efficient and effective techniques.
- Logs material information and yields in designated tracker.
- Manipulates and refines crude extract per SOP.
- Understands laboratory equipment and processes required to make all product types and able to limit or enhance cannabinoid crystallizations to create different product types.
- Communicates with the testing companies, ensures product type, consistency, uniformity, removing or manipulating outliers.
- Emphasizes safety in all laboratory activities and responsible for employee safety and adherence to safety measures, process, and procedures.
- Supervises, trains, tasks, and motivates crew members and leads team.
- Receives and communicates instructions, job assignments and updates verbally and non-verbally from Laboratory Director, fellow technicians, instructive lists, SOP, email, and other department electronic communication.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) year associates or trade degree in Science or Enginerring preferred
- Cannabis extractions concepts and market knowledge is preferred.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 25 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.