|Title:||Cannabis Edibles Packaging Technician|
|Salary Range:||$14.50 per hour|
Grow Op Farms, the leading I-502 producer by volume of top-shelf cannabis in the state of Washington, is hiring Edibles Packaging Technicians for their Spokane Valley location. These are Full-Time positions in a high-volume, fast paced, production driven environment. The schedule for this position is projected to be Friday - Tuesday, 5:00am - 2:00pm.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident and life.
*For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter in addition to your completed online application. A resume does not replace application work history.*
This position is responsible for packaging and processing of cannabis infused edibles. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Ensures the high-speed candy packaging machine’s maintenance for optimal performance.
- Operates and the high-speed candy packaging machine.
- Responsible to keep flavors separate and organized.
- Preps packaging or sugar.
- Accurately tracks inventory.
- Maintains sufficient inventory to meet demand.
- Packages candy/sugar orders.
- Responsible to keep candy/sugar separate and organized.
- Puts packaged candies into other packages in the correct denomination.
- Applies labels and UBI stickers to product.
- Sorts packaged candy/sugar to proper tote.
- Stores labeled totes appropriately.
- Pulls candy/sugar for shipment.
- Prepares boxes and labels for shipment.
- Labels candy/sugar for shipment.
- Cleans packaging machine room.
- Advocates safety and proper operation of the high-speed packaging machine.
- Train, assign work and guide crew members.
- Gains approval from supervisor/manager on when orders are pulled from the vault, along with review on completion of work assignments.
- Receives work assignment direct or indirect; primarily verbal communication from supervisor.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned. Assists with Research and Development projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 20 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 25 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness).
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: