|Title:||Greenfield Organix Cannabis Extraction Technician Lead|
Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life.
Please attach a cover letter and resume for consideration.
This position is responsible for leading the extraction process and directly supervising and monitoring extraction technicians as they perform the hydrocarbon extraction processes. This position is expected to help facilitate meeting organizational standards and target goals for the department. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Supervises Extraction Technicians; assigns work, tracks attendance, ensures quality control, and delegates daily and weekly tasks.
- Works with Biomass Lead to ensure runs are prepared for and processed according to the Production Schedule provided by the Laboratory Director.
- Monitors and provides reports to the Lab Director on all incoming and outgoing products and other attributes as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitors the extractions to ensure equipment is working properly and conforms to safe operating parameters.
- Ensures a clean and safe working environment
- Monitors and preforms an inventory of extraction consumables and orders as necessary or directed by the Laboratory Director.
- Monitors all extractions for yield and run data to ensure equipment and extractions are being performed as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures and to ensure production goals are being met.
- Performs continuous safety checks on machines and equipment and notifies the Laboratory Director of any maintenance needs.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and sanitation of all extraction equipment along with maintaining regular preventive maintenance intervals as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Emphasizes safety in all laboratory activities and responsible for employee safety and adherence to safety measures, process, and procedures
- Supervises, trains, tasks, and motivates crew members and leads the team.
- Provides daily and weekly reports to the Laboratory Director.
- Performs and oversees the extraction process and manipulates equipment as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures to ensure product moves through the processing stages quickly and efficiently.
- Assists with Research and Development projects as assigned. Assists with all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assists in packing biomass and post processing activities as directed by the Laboratory Director.
- Understands all equipment, tools, and techniques needed in the extraction department.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned by the Laboratory Director.
- Works with the Laboratory Supervisor, Laboratory Administrator and Laboratory Director on all state traceability conversions including sub-lotting and product conversions.
- Logs product information and data in all applications, software, and forms as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures or as otherwise directed be the Laboratory Director and Laboratory Supervisor.
- Tracks, weights, and labels all biomass and maintains accurate traceability data in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) year associates or trade degree preferred
- Cannabis extractions concepts and market knowledge is preferred
- Previous supervisor or management experience preferred
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 25 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance; ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.