|Title:||EMBR Cannabis Delivery Driver|
EMBR is hiring Delivery Drivers at their La Mesa, CA location. This is a Full-Time position in a high-volume, fast paced, production driven environment. The ideal candidate is organized, good with direction and follow through, will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track.
We are seeking talented individuals with a professional demeanor that love this industry. Applicants must have exceptional customer service skills. In order to be considered for employment, please read the entire post and carefully follow the directions below.
If you have previous work experience in the cannabis industry or driving, please make sure to provide a detailed work history within your resume. Please include a link to any social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
If we feel that you are a good candidate, we will respond to your email with a location and time for interview. ONLY candidates who have followed these directions will be considered.
**PLEASE NOTE: This is a full-time position that requires open availability (7 days a week) in order to be considered. Any applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
This position is responsible for the safe delivery of EMBR Dispensary’s product to customer delivery locations as ordered. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Obeys all applicable driving laws while completing deliveries in order directed.
- Delivers Embr Dispensary’s products from retail store to customer location.
- Maintains contact with Delivery targets regarding estimated time of arrival and updates as needed (i.e. delays).
- Maintains customer relations when delivering products, such as explaining new products and highlighting store specials.
- Maintains safety of delivery products, vehicle, currency and self at all times.
- Schedules vehicle maintenance as required (i.e. oil changes, tune-ups, tires/brakes, etc.).
- Communicates status with Delivery Manager at all times. Updates any major delays, completion of deliveries and arrival at shop upon completion of route.
- Updates and maintains proper reports and documents as related to position such as Driver Summaries.
- May be required to make last minute route adjustments for traffic or schedule interruptions.
- Assists with Research & Development projects as assigned.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 23 years old or older
- a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- a Valid Driver’s license
- a clean driving record
- experience in driving preferred
- experience in customer service
- ability to work in high stress situations
- or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, such as driving. Pull/push, talk, hear, carry up to 50 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, or crawl.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, have peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to see up close with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness). Must have ability to adjust focus.
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance; ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: