|Title:||Plant Technician - Clayton / Deer Park|
|Department:||Agriculture (Propagation, Grow, Harvest)|
|Salary Range:||$15 per hour|
Grow Op Farms, the leading I-502 producer by volume of top-shelf cannabis in the state of Washington is hiring Plant Technicians for their Clayton/Deer Park location.
These are Full-Time positions in a high-volume, fast paced, production driven environment. The ideal candidate is organized, good with direction and follow through, will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life
This position is responsible for the care and cultivation of cannabis plants from vegetative state to harvest. Supports and adheres to Grow Op Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Plants cannabis; pots & moves soil
- Waters cannabis plants; applies nutrients & other in-puts
- Performs work on plants, including pruning, tucking & manipulation of plants
- Sanitizes and cleans grow facility
- Sets up new grow rooms
- Harvests cannabis as needed
- Assists with Research & Development projects as assigned
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- A High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- General agriculture experience
- Cannabis growing experience helpful but not required
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods (approx. 8 hours) of time doing repetitive tasks with hands including using hands to finger, handle or feel, walk, sit, twist, turn, pull/push, reach, climb, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, hear and grasp.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, taste or smell
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Non-Weather conditions: exposed to wet or humid conditions, brightly lit conditions, and extreme heat.
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally required to work in high, precarious places, climb ladders, exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.