|Title:||Cannabis Biomass Technician - Extraction|
|Salary Range:||$14.50 per hour|
Grow Op Farms, the leading I-502 producer by volume of top-shelf cannabis in the state of Washington, is hiring Biomass Technicians for their Spokane Valley location.
These are Full-Time positions in a high-volume, fast paced, production driven environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident and life.
*For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter in addition to your completed online application. A resume does not replace application work history.*
This position is responsible for all Biomass inventory, properly prepares Biomass stock for extraction and communicates with the extraction team to provide all of the Biomass required for daily production. Supports and adheres to Grow Op Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Performs the intake all Biomass into the facility, weighs, and compares to manifest which includes: inspects for undesirables such as mold and/or contaminants, fan/water leaves, stems, and weight discrepancies.
- Stores all Biomass in the packing room and freezing of feedstock when necessary.
- Prepares Biomass for extraction which includes: inspecting all available lots for irregularities that involves recording individual lots along with the different qualities of feedstock, preparation, and packing tightness and how that affects quality and yield of extractions based on initial quality observations.
- Communicates with management and interprets work orders to properly prioritize Biomass for extraction.
- Tracks all Biomass inventory in designated tracking sheet(s) and packaging sheet(s); tracks the weights of each tube while properly splitting lots in Cultivera.
- Works with Dabstract Administrator to split lots, product conversions, and tracking in Cultivera software.
- Assists in post processing activities and the setup, breakdown, and regular operation of the extraction room(s) as needed.
- Tracks and records waste product in compliance of state guidelines.
- Performs continuous safety checks on equipment and notifies management of maintenance needs.
- Logs material information in a designated tracker.
- Ensures material condition is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining and cleaning equipment at regular intervals.
- Emphasizes safety in all laboratory activities and responsible for employee safety and adherence to safety measures, process, and procedures.
- Receives and communicates instructions, job assignments and updates verbally and non-verbally from Laboratory Director, fellow technicians, instructive lists, SOP, email, and other department electronic communication.
- Assists with Research & Development projects as assigned. Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) year associates or trade degree preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
- Cannabis extractions concepts and market knowledge is preferred.
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 25 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness).
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance; ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: