|Department:||Agriculture (Propagation, Grow, Harvest)|
|Salary Range:||$14 per hour|
Grow Op Farms, the leading I-502 producer by volume of top-shelf cannabis in the state of Washington is hiring for Applicator Technicians for their Spokane Valley Location.
This is a Full-Time position in a high-volume, fast paced, production driven environment. The ideal candidate is organized, good with direction and follow through, will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life.
*Must obtain Private Applicator License within eight (8) weeks in position*
This position is responsible for mixing and applying various inputs to cannabis plants daily to maintain a robust Integrated Pest Management programs that delivers a healthy, pest-free and disease-free garden. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Reads and understands all labels for on-hand insecticides, fungicides, multicides, beneficial bacteria and insects/nematodes.
- Decides what product needs to be applied, where it is applied, and when it is needs to be applied.
- Mixes tank applications of insecticides, fungicides, miticides, beneficial bacteria’s and insects/nematodes.
- Applies pesticides on cannabis crops, applied pesticides to the root zones of cannabis plants in accordance with all state, local and federal laws.
- Follows directive given by Applicator License Holder; communicates upcoming and daily operations.
- Cleans and maintains all sprayers, pumps, hoses, barrels used for pesticides applications.
- Makes records of al pesticide applications applied to crops.
- Maintains compliant storage of all pesticides and herbicides and the proper disposal of pesticides and the containers.
- Wears proper Personal Protective Equipment when handling or applying.
- Coaches and trains new and existing crew members.
- Ensures works area and all equipment is clean and organized.
- Partners with management on personnel management including: recommending performance/disciplinary actions, schedule changes, and/or position changes.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six (6) months or more experience in Propagation/Grow.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 50 pounds, grasp, walk, reach, climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, talk, or hear.
- Occasionally taste, or smell.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.