|Title:||Cannabis Post Processing Technician|
|Salary Range:||$14.50 per hour|
The ideal candidate is organized, good with direction and follow through, will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life.
*For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter in addition to your completed online application. A resume does not replace application work history.*
This position is responsible for assisting with the clerical and administrative duties of the Post Process. This position is expected to help facilitate meeting organizational standards and target goals for department. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Performs the Post Processing steps to SOP to get products ready for packaging. Different product types require vastly different operational procedures and steps.
- Performs testing procedures and submission of weekly testing; prepares samples for testing.
- Ensures accurate product conversions through state approved tracking software and splits lots when there are multiple product types from a single lot number.
- Communicates with management to properly prioritize post processing activity.
- Monitors product, checks work orders to ensure purchased, split, or toll processing is tracked properly.
- Disposes of waste and maintains waste and designated area according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manipulates and refines crude extract per SOP.
- Assists in post processing activities and the setup, breakdown, and regular operation of the extraction room(s) as needed.
- Maintains a clean and organized lab area and work space; performs continuous safety checks on machines and equipment which includes tools; notifies the Post Processing Lead of maintenance needs.
- Understands laboratory equipment and processes required to make all product types and manipulate crude hydrocarbon wax into many diverse product types.
- Emphasizes safety in all laboratory activities and responsible for employee safety and adherence to safety measures, process, and procedures.
- Receives and communicates instructions, job assignments and updates verbally and non-verbally from Laboratory Director, Leads, fellow technicians, instructive lists, SOP, email, and other department electronic communication.
- Performs continuous safety checks on equipment and notifies management of maintenance needs.
- Logs material information in a designated tracker.
- Ensures material condition is maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining and cleaning equipment at regular intervals.
- Assists with Research & Development projects as assigned. Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Cannabis extractions concepts and market knowledge is preferred.
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 25 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance; ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: