|Title:||Greenfield Organix Cannabis Laboratory Supervisor|
Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life.
This position is responsible for providing support to the laboratory director and acts as liaison as directed between clients, staff, directors, managers, and vendors. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Account Operations
- Coordinates and communicates with producers and clients on incoming and outgoing biomass and products and provides or otherwise oversees the creation of manifests and invoices.
- Coordinates with the Accounting department on issuing checks and maintains or oversees accurate payment records.
- Coordinates and schedules with Driver Manager on incoming and outgoing materials.
- Coordinates with Security and Biomass Team on any incoming material deliveries.
- Acts as a direct contact and manages accounts for all processing clients.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Laboratory director on all client related matters on a weekly basis or as needed or required.
- Human Resources and Employee Matters
- Responsible for employee payroll.
- Coordinates with HR and the Laboratory Director on the hiring, firing, and other administrative HR tasks as directed by the Laboratory Director.
- Coordinates with HR on all employee laboratory HR matters as directed by Laboratory Director.
- Coordinates with purchasing and maintenance departments on laboratory consumables and special one-off purchases.
- Responsible for onboarding new employees including notification to Laboratory Director and Leads. Training on general laboratory functions, personnel introductions, and other onboarding processes as directed.
- Assists with Research and Development projects as assigned. Performs all other duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
- Quality Control
- Coordinates pesticide testing of all incoming materials.
- Oversees the coordination of analytical testing on all products for sale including the coordination of laboratory pickup, product submissions, receipt of laboratory results, cataloging the results, and any notification required to the laboratory director.
- Coordinate with Sales team to project product for each brand based on inventory and sales projections.
- Responsible for the brand classification of finished product and the creation of the weekly sales projections to be approved by the laboratory director prior to being submitted to sales.
- Responsible for the ongoing quality assurance sampling, testing, collection of results and providing written reports to the laboratory director as instructed.
- Traceability and Data Tracking
- Oversees the tracking and records of all biomass and concentrate products through all processing steps.
- Assist the Laboratory Director in the accurate completion of all conversions in the laboratory.
- Oversees the administration of Cultivera including informing Laboratory Director of omissions or mistakes.
- Oversees the training of laboratory employees on Cultivera and continues to monitor for accurate compliance of the traceability system.
- Communicates with sales reps on customer feedback and reports information to Laboratory Director.
- Marketing and Social Media
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of Dabstract’s PAX portal.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of Dabstract’s TopTender account.
- Assists Social Media Manager by providing ongoing laboratory content as directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be at least 21 years old
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- A High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- 2 – 5 years of administrative experience with increasing responsibility.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Offices products (i.e., Word and Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods (approx. 8 hours) of time doing repetitive tasks with hands including using hands to finger, handle or feel, walk, sit, twist, turn, pull/push, reach, climb, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, hear and grasp.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, taste or smell
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance; ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Non-Weather conditions: exposed to wet or humid conditions, brightly lit conditions, and extreme heat.
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally required to work in high, precarious places, climb ladders, exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.