|Title:||Supervisor - Kitchen Production|
Panda Solutions is looking for a Full-Time Kitchen Production Supervisor to join their team.
This position will oversee and lead the kitchen production team in a high-volume, fast paced, production driven environment. The ideal candidate is organized, good with direction and follow through, will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life.
Please read more about this position’s responsibilities, along with required or preferred skills, experience, and abilities below.
This position is responsible for oversight and management of the kitchen personnel to ensure production meets business needs. This role involves adhering to kitchen recipes and measurements EXACTLY as they are listed. Must be able to lead by example as well as provide strong leadership and communication skills. Understanding of production for hard candies, soft caramels, gummy candies, and chocolate is strongly preferred. Experience working with cannabis edibles production may be applicable but is not required as a complete training course will be provided.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Supervises, trains, tasks, and motivates crew members and leads team which includes:
a. Communicates projections and production goal
b. Coaches employees to improve skills
c. Performs quality control checks
d. Analyzes business needs, decides on shift/department labor; and shortened shifts or over time
e. Delegates and assigns tasks to meet business needs
f. Documents, reports/delivers disciplinary issues to allow accurate and timely documentation
- Upholds production and Standard Operating Procedures
- Collects inventory counts and works with inventory coordinators
- Communicates with leadership about business operations and needs
- Ensures industry compliance
- Communicates personnel notes, partners with management on personnel management including: recommending performance/disciplinary actions, schedule changes, and/or position changes
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years or older
- a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous leadership/manager experience supervising staff
- Previous experience in kitchen production/management
- One (1) year experience in processing or managing a production facility preferred
- Experience in Candy production in hard candy, soft caramels, gummy candies, chocolate, and taffy strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 20 pounds, and grasp
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 25 pounds, talk, or hear
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.