|Department:||Agriculture (Propagation, Grow, Harvest)|
|Salary Range:||$14.00 per hour|
Grow Op Farms, the leading I-502 producer by volume of top-shelf cannabis in the state of Washington is hiring Processors for their Spokane Valley location.
We offer set schedules that may include weekend days with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. This is a high-volume, fast paced, production driven environment and will require working on specific tasks for up to 8-12 hours per day. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track.
- Part time is a set schedule of less than 30 hours per week.
- Full time consists of 40 hours per week. Full Time employees are eligible for affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, life and accident.
Marijuana trimming/plant experience or experience in cutting hair or other professions where a lot of dexterity is required is helpful but not required. Production/factory experience in a high volume facility is a plus!
This position is responsible for processing marijuana products including flowers, joints, and concentrates, to be sent to retailers for sale. Processing duties include trimming, packaging, twisting joints, and label packaging. Supports and adheres to Grow Op Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Trims dry marijuana to prepare for packing daily.
- Weighs out and packages marijuana
- Labels packages to be sent to retailers (e.g., joint tubes, jars, concentrate bags, jar lids) weekly
- Cleans (e.g., sweeps, mops, cleans scissors, etc.); Maintains a clean and organized workspace.
- Assists other departments as assigned
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- Trimming/plant experience helpful but not required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 10 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 25 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.