|Title:||Cannabis Plant Analyst|
|Department:||Agriculture (Propagation, Grow, Harvest)|
|Salary Range:||$14.50 per hour|
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track. Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident and life.
*For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter in addition to your completed online application. A resume does not replace application work history.*
This position is responsible for facilitating the growing and harvesting of cannabis, this includes watering, cloning, planting, pruning & cleaning. The Plant Analyst observes leaf structures and leaf markings while checking for diseases, pests, or anything abnormal. Supports and adheres to company's Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Waters cannabis daily.
- Plants cannabis weekly.
- Clones cannabis weekly.
- Prunes cannabis weekly.
- Observes plants and medium for anything abnormal.
- Monitors room temperature and humidity levels.
- Sprays pesticides and moves soil across facility.
- Assists in cleaning daily.
- Assists with Research & Development projects as assigned.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or a General Education Degree
- Cannabis growing experience helpful but not required or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands including using hands to finger, handle or feel, walk, sit, twist, turn, pull/push, reach, climb, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, hear, and grasp.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, taste or smell.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness).
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one's work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Non-Weather conditions: exposed to wet or humid conditions, brightly lit conditions, and extreme heat.
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally required to work in high, precarious places, climb ladders, exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: