|Title:||Greenfield Organix Cannabis Biomass Technician Lead|
Greenfield Organix is hiring a Biomass Technician Lead for their Greenfield/Hollister, CA location. This role works in a high-volume, fast paced, production driven environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication as well as the ability to multi-task to stay on track.
Full-Time schedules consist of 40 hours per week with the opportunity for overtime to meet business needs. Affordable benefits offered within 90 days: medical, dental, vision, accident, and life.
Please attach a cover letter and resume for consideration.
This position is responsible for leading the biomass process and directly supervising and monitoring technicians as they prepare biomass for extraction. Supports and adheres to company’s Standards of Conduct & Discipline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential duties/responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of this job.
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Supervises Biomass Technicians; assigns work, tracks attendance, ensures quality control, and delegates daily and weekly tasks
- Works with Extraction Lead to ensure runs are processed according to schedule.
- Monitors and provides written reports to management on all incoming biomass.
- Provides a monthly report on biomass received.
- Communicates with the Management about biomass quality, preparation, or any deviations from normal operating procedures based upon biomass quality.
- Monitors inventory of consumables and orders as necessary.
- Performs continuous safety checks on equipment and notifies management of maintenance needs.
- Responsible for maintaining and cleaning equipment at regular intervals.
- Delegates task fairly and effectively.
- Emphasizes safety in all laboratory and biomass activities and responsible for employee safety and adherence to safety measures, process, and procedures.
- Supervises, trains, tasks, and motivates crew members and leads the team.
- Receives and communicates instructions, job assignments and updates verbally and non-verbally from Laboratory Director, fellow technicians, instructive lists, SOP, email, and other department electronic communication.
- Assists with Research and Development projects as assigned. Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensures material is packed, organized, and ready for extraction 1 day ahead of extraction schedule
- Assists in packing biomass, post processing activities, and the setup, breakdown, and regular operation of the extraction room(s) as needed.
- Ensures material condition is maintained.
- Works with harvest dept. to ensure material intakes are scheduled and quality standards are being met.
- Ensures all raw material is organized, labeled, and accounted for per SOP.
- Ensures material intakes are completed on schedule.
- Traceability and Data Tracking
- Preforms and oversees all traceability conversions and transfers as it relates to the biomass dept.
- Preforms a monthly audit of the traceability system and provides a written report to management.
- Logs material information in a designated tracker.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications listed below. These qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job.
- Must be 21 years old or older
Education/Experience: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two (2) year associates or trade degree preferred.
- Cannabis extractions concepts and market knowledge is preferred.
- Previous supervisor or management experience preferred
Physical Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Regularly sit or stand for long periods of time doing repetitive tasks with hands, pull/push, carry up to 25 pounds, and grasp.
- Frequently exposed to extreme cold (biomass freezer).
- Frequently walk, reach, and taste, or smell.
- Occasionally climb, stoop/crouch, crawl, carry up to 50 pounds, talk, or hear.
- Clearly see 20+ feet, with or without corrective lenses and differentiate between colors (no color blindness)
Mental & Other Skills/Abilities: to perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to changes, delays or unexpected events in the work environment; ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; ability to change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Analytical Ability: ability to maintain focus for extended periods of time.
- Computer/Technical Ability: working knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software and labeling machines.
- Dependability: ability to follow instructions, both in written and verbal format; ability to respond to management direction; ability to complete tasks on time or notify the appropriate person with an alternate plan when necessary.
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with others, excellent customer service skills and a good overall understanding of appropriate human relations.
- Judgment: ability to make prudent and timely decisions; ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; ability to explain reasoning for decisions.
- Language Ability: ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Ability: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Motor Coordination: the ability to coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, and feet accurately and handle precise movements.
- Problem Solving Ability: ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur; ability to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary; ability to transfer learning from past experiences to new experiences of similar nature.
- Quality Management: ability to complete duties, on time and with absolute precision, at least 95% of the time; ability to edit the accuracy and thoroughness of one’s work as well as the work of others; ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance, ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Workplace Environmental Conditions
While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, the employee will be:
- Noise Conditions: exposed during a shift to constant or intermittent moderate to loud noise levels.
- Injury Exposure: occasionally exposed to workplace hazards or to potential injuries.
- Atmospheric Exposures: exposed to dusts, fumes, vapors, or mists that could affect the occupational health of the employee.
- Toxic Chemicals: may be exposed to some toxic or caustic chemicals.